Monday, August 6, 2012

MOVING FORWARD

Just wanted to change the view from that last two posts...needed to clear the negative energy and move forward.

The sun is shining today and it's warm...Ray's oldest daughter Kenz is here for a visit and I'm heading back to the kitchen to bake up a lemon meringue and some lemon curd and anything else I can think of using lemon.  We had a huge batch of lemons come our way and I just don't want to waste them.

As it is, I've begun to make jam.  I've wanted to do this for quite some time and I finally had to get past my anxiety that it would be disastrous...as it turns out, it is quite simple!  

We had a big lot of plums this year and I went for it.  I decided to attempt something different, that came from my own brain...so you can see my trepidation.  Anyway, I made tomatillo, jalapeƱo plum jam...and let me tell you, it is a MAJOR hit!  I also made an amazing apricot jam that is completely gone, and I mixed the wee bit I had left into a batch of plum and came up with a combo that really works.

Then I went out collecting blackberries from our property and made a plum/blackberry combo that is a bit tart and tangy and seems to be a favorite now as well.

Blackberries from our property, not quiet 
abundant yet, but by the end of the month 
will be extreme...yay! for us

Small plums that Case picked from his friends back yard,
sweet and dark...yummy!


So anyone who has wanted to make jam but has shied away from the process assuming it to be to extravagant....plow forward I say!  If I can do it...anyone can.

Moving forward is a good thing!

Enjoy!  Stay present and let out a big laugh when everyone least expects it..it's weird, but let me tell you, it can move things forward in a beautiful way!
xox juner

1 comment:

Janis late 60's

Janis  late 60's
CLICK ON IMAGE