Saturday, August 18, 2012

80 YEARS AND 5 MONTHS

Today is my father's 80th birthday...we should all be in Vegas right now celebrating.  However, today also happens to be 5 months  exactly that he suddenly died...so, much sadness all around.  

These are some photos I happen to find in a drawer yesterday...I must have pulled some out for his memorial...I wanted to share them, as this is how I remember my dad the most...when I think of him, I see young and laughing....

Although, I do have a vivid recollection of him here at Xmas, walking around the property, and telling me how happy he was that I had found such a good man and a good home and family.  I  see him with his hands in his pockets and smiling....

Spending our first year together...at a lake in Ohio.

We went in hunt of snow in CA, (we all missed it tremendously)...and had a ball.
(my hair got darker during the winter months from the blonding of summer, naturally... people use chemicals these days to achieve this look...seems I was ahead of the trend.)

He had the gold Ford and the gold BSA,
the first bike I ever road.
I  FREAKED out at first, but eventually got the hang of it.

My brother and I went on a four day camping/gold mining excursion into the Mohave with our dad...
again, we had a ball!
Dirt motorcycle riding, shooting, talking...
I loved doing this with him!

My 21st birthday...
check out the tape in the background...
geez, we're old!

My Father.....
one of my all time favorites of him

I truly miss him more than I can  say and would give anything to see his face just one more time.  I feel grateful that I was the last person to see him alive.  I was the last person to kiss him and stroke his forehead...and I was the last person to tell him I loved him.....and to hear those words from him.  I will always love my Father.

xoxo juner

No comments:

Janis late 60's

Janis  late 60's
CLICK ON IMAGE