Friday, December 12, 2014

THE LIFE I DREAMED OF

I'm staring out my kitchen window, looking out over the garden and chicken yard.  It's a pouring rainy and Xmasy grey day and I  love it.  I'm baking tons of cookies and cupcakes, my youngest son ran off to the market to replace something I already made a huge mistake on.  My one and only love is lying on the sofa reading and indulging me by blasting corny Xmas carols.  The trees are lit, and the table is set for our small gathering tomorrow.  
Our life has been extremely challenging in the past four months…we seriously don't have a pot to piss in and it's been very stressful, however, we made this little Xmas Cheer happen with the help of our friends and family.  My oldest son and his awesome girlfriend are coming in from San Fran tonight to help out and be here for the party, although our daughter couldn't be here, which is the only black mark on an otherwise perfect moment….and I couldn't be happier right now. 

When I lived in LA all those years ago I would drive home down the hill in Encino and dusk would be coming on, or it was already night…I would see beautiful homes surrounded by big trees and lights on in the kitchen windows where people were cleaning up and I would drive slow, or even stop sometimes, just to wonder at their lives…truly wondering if it would ever be the same for me someday.

Dreams  can totally come true….hope you are finding the magic in your day!





No comments:

Janis late 60's

Janis  late 60's
CLICK ON IMAGE