Monday, January 16, 2017

RAY'S 65th!!!!

In case you were not here..which is really sad...I just gave one of the best parties I've ever had, bar none!  It was probably the best party of our life in this home, save for our wedding of course...what a night!!  Friends came to celebrate my best friend, who also happens to be my husband.  He turns 65 this coming Wednesday, but we took advantage of the long weekend to have a semi-surprise party for him.  All our kids were here, best friends, old friends, new friends and neighbors...it was just perfection!  It began at seven and most guests left between one-thirty and two!!   My girls and I danced until three, then we hung out in the den for a bit before everyone went to bed.  Guitars, bongos and music, singalong for hours..amazing!...I was so wound up because I didn't sleep the night before, so I was beyond tired, but I put a little Sex and The City in my computer, laid in bed,  and lulled myself to sleep at four-thirty, while my husband snored away.  Woke up early the next day and went downstairs to begin the massive clean up...began coffee and a great breakfast...I had a very special silent moment when I peered through the window into the den and saw the kids all curled up under mounds of blankets sleeping...it truly touched my heart as I thought of the future and a time when that will not be happening anymore, as life moves on.  So without further ado...my dear sweet Ray and his spectacular 65th birthday party...!!  And yes, the Xmas tree was still up, until just a few moments ago...new post to follow! 











My daughter in law was totally into the music!

my silly kids tied balloons to their heads
and danced around




getting ready to call it a night..at 3:30 in the morning...

the next day at nine-thirty...too sweet in my book!

Major clean up!!

tired Louie..and Byron, watching the game.
In the end, it was just a lovely lovely evening...couldn't have asked for anything better, other than the few people who couldn't make it.  The food was great, and I've been told the German Chocolate cake I made was life altering..!!  Ha...in the meantime, I can't thank everyone enough for making this such a joyous and perfect occasion for my best best friend...Ray Schneider!!  Thx to my besties who were present...xoxoxo always my love to you!

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

sorry I missed it! lol Happy late birthday!

Janis late 60's

Janis  late 60's
CLICK ON IMAGE