Sunday, February 10, 2013

BACK ON TRACK!

So WEEKS without my computer!  I had no idea how much of my life revolved around the thing!

I ended  up having to get a brand new computer...a MacBook Pro of course...and because I hadn't backed up since the beginning of December, I lost some files...mostly ALL my Xmas family photos, which is sad, and all the new art shots I've taken...which truly causes some difficulty for me.  And then there are the smaller things like a game I've been playing since July, where I was not only the highest score on the planet, but I completed a super challenging set of games that I wouldn't want to do over again...but it looks like I've lost all of that...damn!!

In the meantime, getting used to the changes on a new Mac.  Considering that my old one was only three and a half years old, I am shocked by some of the differences...but again, I'll get used to this in time.  It just feels so damn good to be able to get into things I haven't been able to in weeks.

So here's the latest news.

One.
We have begun the outside, yard work, that was not only just simply needed, but is a definite need for the wedding.
 


So here's the beginning.  What you can't see is how SPECTACULAR this flagstone is.  When it's wet, or even simply close up, it's blue...seriously, it's blue like slate, periwinkle, and a little mossy green and some purple...it's amazing.  So we're taking out the small gated fence in the foreground, as that was temporary for the dogs anyway, and the patio will only go as far as it is in this photo on this side....and the whole yard will open up.  Just next to the garden fence here on the left we will be setting up a terraced level, which when we are finished will add three feet to the yard!  Then the fence going up on the right will travel all the way down to the orchard below and wrap around up to the back of the chicken coop behind the garden.  The little whimsical fence is replicating the little magical fence we have surrounding our courtyard and entry....no photo today, but I'll get one soon,  So LOADS going on with the wedding in mind.  Which by the way, if I haven't already mentioned is August 31st.

So now that brings up to the eggs.

I finally figured out just yesterday that the large taupe eggs I've been thinking came from my big spotted sussex, aptly named Spot, are really from my little girl Vida, the lonely duck!  Which makes the little brown/golden eggs really Spot's, and the two shades of blue/teal come from my two Americanas,  Ester and Lester!
So this whole time I had it completely wrong!  It was so weird to finally follow the trail to this surprising conclusion!
It began when I lifted the cover over the work area, storing benches and pots from the winter, looking for my barrel of dirt to cover the roots on a couple bare root trees and bushes I picked up, (walnut being one, how cool is that?),  anyway, I reached down and found this!  I know they don't look it here, but they are all blue!


Apparently every time I let the girls out into the garden they went under the cover and did their thing...I found 19 eggs!  This lead me to my final outcome and now everything makes sense...at least to me.
So I will not be getting another spotted sussex as I had intended, thinking I would get these super large eggs, no, I will be bringing home two Blue Cochins, to take the place of my last one that was dragged off into the forest.  And in loving memory of both Hester, (who was an Americana), and Marilyn, (the Cochin),  I will be naming them Marilyn and Norma Jean...I mean really, can you ever have too much of Marilyn?


Oh, yea, the wedding is already a daily on going thing around here.  Poor Lisa Oceandreamer, from a Whimsical Bohemian...she wanted to help!  I've got her sending me updates on design ideas and have piled three projects on her lap, (for today anyway..ha ha).  One being a canvas that will be painted with something special...something whimsical, that will be the guest signing.  Then we will hang it in our home...how sweet is that.  I can't wait to see what she comes up with, she is so clever and good at this kind of art.
Oh, yea, I've become a card carrying member of Pinterest now.  And if you're like me and have never heard of this, by all means go check it out.  It's basically inspirations boards that people collect images on and share, and repin, etc...I have three boards now, although the wedding one is getting most of my attention.

Oh, yea, here's the ring by the way...
it's way bluer than it looks in the snap...the light flashed it out...but you can get the idea.  It's on a more square band of diamonds...and the wedding band will be a thin band of diamonds...simple.



Two
Now we're caught up with everything but the art thing.
So here are the final completions of my last three paintings that were included in my recent installation on Jan. 26th.  For some reason I took this photo of Frank before I signed it, which is weird, hope it's the right one.  The other one I have listed on my website is a darker pink...where as this is more true to the painting.


Then I did a quick small piece of Lennon to put in the show...unfortunately it's the only photo I have right now, and it's not very clear....as the whole right side of this painting is a deep plum color, and you can't make that out on this at all...but you still get the idea.



Then of course my tribute to Rod the Mod....I began this piece several years ago when I finished Mick, and was attempting a threesome to include Elton as well, all with the Union Jack...so even though my tastes have changed and I would do an entirely different painting of Rod today...I still needed to include him in the show.  This one's for Linnie.  (also the photo looks faded, or bright, whatever, I'll fix it later)


And I believe we are finally caught up with the past couple of weeks.  I'll pull some things together to share with photos for the wedding ideas.  And I'm beginning work on several new paintings, one is a commissioned piece I'm supposed to be doing for Jessie James and his upcoming nuptials...how funny is that?  And a Stevie Ray Vaugh for a dear friends birthday, and a Stevie Nicks, just because.  
Oh, yea, and a seriously cool idea I have for the Divine Ms. M...Bette Midler....and of course the perfect pose of Robert Plant.

So that's what's on the horizon for me.
Oh, yea, and back to the book...FINALLY!  It's been on hold long enough, I simply must get it out there already....but this ebook stuff is not meant for an author or artist to figure out...geez!! they really make it hard on us bohemians!

Hope all is well and everyone is living their joy!!  Rock on!  xox juners










No comments:

Janis late 60's

Janis  late 60's
CLICK ON IMAGE