Thursday, February 24, 2011

SNOW DAY IN CALIFORNIA

I know this may not seem all that exciting to those of you living back east or...well anywhere outside of California actually.   However, this is breathtaking to me.  This is the main drive through the mountains of Santa Cruz to go over the hill towards San Jose.  This stretch of hwy is magnificent all by itself....with the giant redwoods...it's always been one of my most favorite scenic drives.
BUT THIS!.... 
This was SPECTACULAR!!...enjoy..xx june









3 comments:

greenest mermaid said...

Wow!!! Great pictures! Oh, the 17...I drove that a lot to visit my then-boyfriend at Stanford..I always felt like the road was leading to some grand adventure :)

Mamamotherlode said...

I'm a Floridian and NEVER get to see sights like this. Thanks so much for sharing.

Tammy Freiborg said...

Always a lovely site to see the trees blanketed with snow! Thanks for sharing.

Janis late 60's

Janis  late 60's
CLICK ON IMAGE